04.25.2013 |May/June Champion
04.19.2013 |EPA BROWNFIELD ASSESSMENT GRANT
04.01.2013 |NEW ONLINE OPTIONS!
02.27.2013 |State of the City 2013
02.26.2013 |Community Garden Packet
Troutdale is a community with a rich historic past. The area at the confluence of the Sandy and Columbia Rivers was "discovered" in the autumn of 1792 by Lt. Broughton and his men. The Crew was traveling aboard a British vessel under command of Captain George Vancouver who was aboard another vessel. They were ascending the Columbia River, when they reached a point just east of the mouth of the Sandy River. This point, immediately across the Sandy River from Troutdale, was named Broughton's Bluff, many years later. Mount Hood, however, was seen and named on this location at that time.
The earliest settlers came in 1850 and 1851. Early donation land claims were filed by John Douglass, D.F. Buxton, Benjamin Hall, Stott and Hicklin. Family records credit David F. Buxton as Troutdale's true founder. He filed a donation land claim in 1853 in the center of...read more