Troutdale Municipal Court

The Troutdale Municipal Court process City ordinance violations, parking tickets, traffic tickets and misdemeanors through court hearing and a violations bureau. Please click on the quick links tab to find more information.

Judge: The Honorable Judge Rodney Grafe

City Prosecutor: Sam Erskine

Court Clerk: Marissa Lorentson

In November 1968, Troutdale citizens voted to alter the City Charter to include a Judge and Municipal Court. The Court prosecutes traffic infractions and misdemeanors, City Ordinance violations and State laws. The Court is staffed with one full-time clerk and an appointed, part-time Judge.

**The Municipal Court is now able to accept online payments.  Please click the "Online Payments" quick link below**

Do you offer payment arrangements?

The court does offer payment arrangements. There is a one time fee of $25 that will be added to your account. Payments are due on the 1st or the 15th of every month, that is determined when the arrangements are set up. Payments must be made monthly and the court does not send monthly statements.

How can I make payments?

Payments can be made in person at Troutdale City Hall with cash, check, money order or credit cards. You can mail in a check or money order and you can also drop off payment in our drop box located outside of the front door. You can also pay online with a debit/credit card.  We DO NOT accept credit card payments over the phone.

How much time do I have to pay my parking ticket?

If you have received a parking ticket, you have 10 days from the date cited. If you have three unpaid parking tickets, your car will be towed. All fines must be paid before your vehicle will be released.

May I take a driver's safety class as an alternative?

The Court Clerk may be able to offer a driver's safety class in order to keep the citation off you driving record. You must meet certain requirements. Please call the Court Clerk at 503-674-7236 to check the requirements.

What do I do if I can't appear in Court on my scheduled day?

Contact the court clerk at 503-674-7236 for available options.

What do I do if my account went to collections?

If you account has gone to collections, you will need to contact Western Collections Bureau, Inc. at 1-800-520-2928. If your driver's license is suspended because of a fine that was sent to collections, you will need to make payment in full before this court will reinstate your license. Payments on an account in collections can only be made to the collections company. Please contact them with any questions you may have.

What happens if I fail to comply with the terms of a payment agreement?

If you fail to make your monthly payments on time additional fees will be added, your driving privileges will be suspended and your account will be assigned to a collection agency.

Will violations go on my driving record?

All convictions will show on your driving record except parking and ordinance violations.

View All FAQ's