How to Report a Faulty Streetlight

LED streetlight in Troutdale

The easiest way to report a streetlight outage is to use the SeeClickFix app on your smartphone or tablet. SeeClickFix allows residents to submit non-emergency maintenance requests for roads and bridges maintained by Multnomah County. You can download the app for apple devices the Apple App Store or for Android devices at Google Play. You can also access SeeClickFix online by visiting or report an issue by phone at 503-988-5050.

Please provide a specific address and a map and pole number for the light (located on the pole). Additional beneficial information includes how long the light has been out, if it’s turning off and on (cycling), or if construction near the pole caused the light to turn off.

Did you know that the streetlights in Troutdale are owned, operated and maintained by a Special Service District? The Mid-County Street Lighting Service District is administered by Multnomah County’s Department of Community Services and is a proud partner with the City of Troutdale to provide quality street lighting for the City. They own more than 2,500 lights within the county. In the past you’ve contacted Portland General Electric (PGE) if a streetlight front of your home was out, but Mid-County Lighting District is now the primary contact point for these requests. 

In addition to Troutdale, Mid-County owns lights in Fairview, Maywood Park, and unincorporated urban pockets of Multnomah County east and west of the Willamette River. There are currently two Multnomah County employees working part-time for the District and they partner with electrical contractors, internal staff and the City of Gresham to operate and maintain the street lights.